Esmerel in Motion
Esmerel in Motion supports films that focus on social awareness, typically around mental issues.
Mission: To help people understand each other.
- Listen. Listen to others, listen to those you disagree with, just listen. It's about the connection.
- Focus on healing, rather than vengeance.
- The most interesting people in the world are the ones who don't think like you do.
- When possible, make a positive statement. Try to take the positive view. Focus on hope and possibility.
Films so far
- Royal Blood. A privileged young woman tries to find the compassionate higher ground when she is torn between the narcissistic insecurities of her former beauty queen mother, and The Queen, a mentally ill homeless woman who puts on regal airs.
We funded this film about homelessness and connection that won the Best Short Film Award at the Milton Film Festival in 2018. We really enjoyed being on set for the filming.
- Transfer. When a young man tries to help a suicidal woman, she uses him to reawaken her sexuality, leaving him to deal with the consequences.
We wrote this film ourselves as well as funding it and again we were on set for the shoot.
- The Cunning. A teenager with Down syndrome fights deadly accusations of witchcraft in 18th century Britain.
We helped with funding and had a bit of script input. We also (virtually) visited the set.
- An Irish Goodbye. A young man with Down syndrome and his estranged brother connect while trying to do all the things on their mother's unfulfilled bucket list.
We helped fund post-production.
- ??? We've finished a short screenplay about PTSD and we're busy on development with an eager creative team. More later!
Got an idea? Or a script? We're always looking for more projects and opportunities. Write to us at Esmerel in Motion.
- Go back to the front gate of Esmerel.
Esmerel in Motion last updated 23 May 2022. This site is maintained by Stewart.